Sunday, July 3, 2011

Kyudo beginnings...

Planetarium update: I'm still planning to make some kind of device to file the gears of my planetarium carefully. A few technical glitches remain, but I'm close to getting back to that project soon.
Recently I've been distracting myself with various small automata projects, creations I know I can finish. In doing so my confidence has gone up a bit, so I've decided to make my first self-designed Karakuri.


What we have here is the basis of a Japanese Kyudo archer. Yes I know it doesn't look like much just yet, but these wheels and levers will be the basis of the mechanisms that will drive various movements in an upright traditional Kyudo archer. The levers and wheels will eventually have little strings attached to them and with luck I may have the basis of karakuri movement down. 
Next for this project is to attach some springs for tension, add a platform on top of the mechanics and begin construction of the mannequin.
A little bit every week and my confidence increases to tackle the tea doll. First, a try at an archer!

No comments:

Post a Comment