Thursday, July 21, 2011

Inching forward...

Here's the latest progress. Not much to show, but it was a bit fiddly. I managed only three hours this week as I am recovering from some nasty dentistry yesterday. I have a mouth full of stitches, and with the pain killers the 'attention to detail' was lacking a bit. I managed to wreck one of my dozuki blades in a brief bout of frustration, so I had to stop after a few goals were achieved.
You can see here I have managed to fix the plastic geared wheels to wood circles so that I was able to pin the wheels through the arbors. Iv'e added a rough handle (and spacers to stop the gears un-meshing) and have also cut a rounded hole in the top with a Ume (plum) petal-like arrangement of eyelets to eventually accommodate the strings up to the doll. I've also very roughly shaped out the lower section of the doll which eventually will have realistic legs with Tabi socks, with the intent of making proper footwear for the archer. I plan for the doll to look more like a traditional Kyudo archer, not so much like the Samurai archer you saw in my last post - I think it would look more elegant me thinks...
Next, affixing the cam wheels to the main arbor and making tiny rollers and spacers out of Fimo. I might have my first crack at the head of the archer - though I think it will take a few tries to get that just right...


More hopefully next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment